Monday, February 15, 2010

Update....

Asher is holding his own. He is acting pretty much how you would expect, sick. It is kind of sad because he isn't acting at all like the little guy we know and love. Yesterday he had moments later in the day where he was smiling and playing and clapping, it was so good to see. There really has been none of that today. He managed a small smile or two today but it was very short lived. He is quite irritable and uncomfortable and has thrown up a couple times. Clinically speaking though he is pretty good. His heart rate is a little high and has been since he was admitted, but his other wital signs are fine.

The results of the bacteria culture have come back and they were able to identify what kind of baterial meningitis he has. It turned out to be a type they don't see as often and it wasn't either of the types they thought it might be. The good news is that it is not contagious. That is so good to know! Now I can stop worrying about our other kids and every kids Asher has come in contact with over the last week.

I will say again, please keep praying for him and thank you to all of you who already are. It looks like we will be here for a while. I am still pretty scared for our little guy. The peace of God has not left me though and I am so grateful for that!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, we are all praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woa, Julie. I'm just finding time to catch up on some blogs and visited yours to find out about Asher. I just read your two posts to Brian. We are praying and will continue to do so.

    I know you trust and know God's love for Asher is deeper than you can begin to describe. I am reminded again from a teaching I heard a few weeks ago on tragedy and the unexpected, to not ask the "whys" but to use it to look at my own life and relationship with God.

    I am going to fast tomorrow for Ash Wednesday on Asher's behalf.

    Lots of love and prayers coming your way,

    Jen, Brian, Sahara and Ayantu

    *call if you need to talk [616]446-6489

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."