Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thinking back

A few funny things happened during our hospital stay that I was thinking about today. When we were first being admitted to our room (early Sunday morning) the doctor on call came up and did her initial work up. At the end of everything she asked us, "now, are his eyes always that big?" That was funny to Ryan and I, even at the time. Asher's beautiful big eyes seem to always be a source of conversation. Another funny was when the nurse came in the room in the middle of the night to do something to Asher. Ryan was sleeping on the chair and he woke up and asked the nurse "do you want me to hold you?" He says he meant to say "do you want me to hold him for you" (meaning Asher obviously), hmmmm............ Another funny was when Asher was sitting on my lap during morning rounds and we had our doctor and about 8 interns in there. He pooped (the poor boy has nasty poops these days) and it literally shot out the side of his diaper and made a puddle on my leg. Gross? Yes. But still funny. Lastly, probably the funniest/sweetest things I remember was Thursday morning, when again the doctors were doing rounds. Asher was asleep and our main doctor started examining him. He sat him up, which obviously woke him, and Asher just flashed the biggest smile to all the interns. It was like he had been bitten by the happy bug, it was so cute!

Asher is doing great. I am still praising God for that! He is still tiring more quickly, but besides that, he is pretty much back to himself. His PICC line is going smoothly and things are just good.

Oh and I must add a GREAT BIG CONGRATS to my sister and brother in law. They have given us a new nephew. Truett Scott King (I need to confirm the spelling in that) was born yesterday evening at like 6:04 pm. Yeah! I can't wait t see him!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."