Sunday, February 14, 2010

Asher is very sick, please pray for him.

Asher has bacterial meningitis. He started showing syptoms yesterday evening and was diagnosed early this morning. We are scared, but trusting God. Could you please pray on Asher's behalf? He has been admitted to Columbus Children's and he is being very closely monitored amoung other things. It is extremely frightening to see him so lathargic and sick. We are unsure at this point the exact kind of bacteria we are dealing with. The cultures should be in tomorrow. It appears that he has the type of bacterial meningitis that is not real contagious and obviously our prayer is also that this remains true. We should know more tomorrow.

I feel like my heart is on my sleeve. I do feel some level of peace that I know is coming from God, but this is really hard. I am scared for him. I have no doubt that God loves Asher even more than I do. Asher has the Great Phycisian watching over him, this I know, but I am still scared.

Julie

3 comments:

  1. julie
    jen called and let me know! i am praying !!!!!!!!
    please please call if you need anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    love and hugs
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm so sorry Julie!! I'll be praying for Asher!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie...I am praying for your sweet boy and your family!!!

    JennB

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."