Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow....enough already!

Ok, not really. I am a snow LOVER. The more the better. Especially if I can just coop myself up in the house and I don't have to drag the kids out in it. Actually, I love snow until about early March. All I need is one semi-warm, springy day and then I am done with the white stuff. We have gotten a LOT of snow the last few days. Last Friday/Saturday we got 10 plus inches and now we have another storm coming through that they are predicting 8 or so inches for us. That is quite a bit for central Ohio. Plus it is blowing everywhere. We have spots in our yard where you can (or at least could until this new storm) see the grass a little and then some spots where the drifts are 4 ft high. Crazy I tell ya.

Ryan and Logan went over to his parents property last night to get the truck with the snow plow. Their property is only a mile away, but they have a long lane and no one had really been back there since the first big snow. They got stuck. Like really stuck. It actually turned out to be a pretty scary experience. They had to walk quite a ways to the barn, Logan lost his shoes and had to be carried some, the barn vehicles wouldn't start and it was kind of a mess for multiple reasons. Finally they got the truck with the plow started, but it was a long haul and the jeep is still stuck over in the neighbors field (getting covered with more snow now). I think maybe Ryan doesn't love the snow as much as I do. :)

Oh, on a very good note. Asher slept through the night last night! WOOHOO! That is so good!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."