Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hot cocoa and new pets!

I think this might make me a pretty negligent mom, but Anna, Gideon and Madeline got their first taste of hot cocoa with marshmallows a couple days ago. They really enjoyed it, and they got a double dose of mini marshmallows once the first batch melted. I picked up the mallows at the bulk food store last week (I LOVE that store) and they were destined for hot cocoa. Anyways, I had to snap a few pics!

I know I say this a lot about the kids at various times, but Gideon looks really old to me in this picture. How cute is he though?


Madeline is the queen of cheese these days when you ask her to smile.


Anna with a chocolate mustache.




Ok, so this was an impulse buy...... I was wanting to do something with just the 3 little ones. Just a little special time for us. Ryan and I were watching Wonderpets with them Saturday morning and I got the idea to get Anna, Gideon and Madeline their own little pet. They are old enough to start learning to care for an animal (they already help Logan with the chickens) and I thought they would just love a little critter. Also, since Flirt passed away, we seem to need a little something fuzzy around here. We plan to get another dog some day, but not anytime real soon. So, I guess hairy rodents just seemed to fit. Ryan was surprisingly easy to convince. Within about an hour of making the decision, we were off to the pet store in bellefontaine, just me and the 3 little ones. We ended of get two boy hamsters (we did not want baby hamsters), but the kids are convinced one is a girl. Oh well, you pick your battles. It was fun. We made it a big secret that only mommy and the 3 and 4 year olds knew. I let the kids pick them out and then we went to Burger King for some kids meals. It only took like an hour and a half and was just a really nice time of connecting.

All the kids, even the big ones are enjoying our new pets.


Let me introduce Ming Ming (the she-male). This hamster is seriously going to give itself a heart attack running this wheel.


Let me introduce Linny. This one is probably also going to die of a heart attack, but not from exercise, from extreme laziness and gluttony.



Yes, for you Wonder Pets fans, we are minus a "Tuck," maybe another day........

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."