Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Best News Ever!

Asher is going home tomorrow!!!! Can you believe that? I am so thrilled, I can't even really explain it. It is all God, that is all I know right now. I will spare you the details (for now), but God has totally been lifting Asher up through all of this. Your prayers have lifted Asher up. Grateful doesn't adequately describe how this feels.

We really could have lost our son. I am not even sure how to totally comprehend that, but I know how serious his illness can be. The doctors made that very clear to us. God has carried this sweet boy through this whole process. At some key times in this process things could have easily gone another way, but they didn't. Looking back I just know that God held Asher's hand through these last few days, and for some reason, he led him to the path of recovery. I feel extremely humbled.

We should go home later in the day tomorrow. They will show me how to care for his PICC line and home health (probably) will help us some. We are going to have to have Asher's hearing tested, as that is one of the most common side effects of meningitis. We also need to watch him more closely when it comes to reaching his developmental milestones. He seems ok to me though. Certainly he is hearing, but I can't say whether or not it is 100%. I think it is too soon to say whether or not we are seeing any developmental delays. He needs some time to heal before I am going to worry about whether or not he can pincher grasp a cheerio.

Again, I am so humbled by all the prayers. I don't know how, but I know they impacted our current outcome. Please continue to pray for him though. It would be amazing if he could leave this horrible illness completely whole.

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Yes, Yes! Praising our God with you! Will continue to pray for the details you mentioned. God Bless you, Little Asher! God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."