Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A very productive day.

I feel like lately someone has lit a little fire under my hiney. I have organized the house pretty well. There's a little painting left I would like to do, but for the most part our house is more organized now than it has been in a while.

For a while I have been wanting to do "Once a Month Cooking." It is where you spend a day making and freezing meals for the entire month. I will make an extra dinner here and there and freeze it, it freeze bread/muffins and rolls pretty often, but that is it. Today I didn't do a full month of cooking, but I did a lot. I made enough chili for two meals, enough meatballs (thank you Mindy-I love your recipe) and marina sauce for at least two meals, two double sized turkey macaroni casseroles (one we ate for dinner), a double batch of yeast rolls and corn dog muffins. Whew, it was a lot. I also cooked a 17 lb turkey yesterday. We ate dinner off it last night and the rest went into the two casseroles and I filled a gallon sized freezer bag to store away. I still have one of our chickens in the fridge thawing also. I am not sure what I will do with that. I will definitely cook it tomorrow, but we won't be home tomorrow evening, so I might just turn that into some freezer chicken and noodles. Anyways, I am proud of our haul today!

Here's all the goods ready to go into the freezer


Here's our poor picked clean turkey. I don't know why I felt the need to include this pic......


Oh and I am finally getting to make diapers for Asher. I am excited to be using cloth again and I am more excited that I will be making it all! I have been collecting fabric for weeks and it is fun to actually be using it. This diaper is a little wonky, but not bad considering it is my first one I have made of this type. I did this one yesterday and I finished another one today. I have tons of sewing on the docket. Christmas, clothes for the kids, you name it!



Later. (please don't forget about Asher in your prayers!)

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."