Thursday, November 19, 2009

Asher Update and some fun sewing.

I got an e-mail from our case manager saying that Asher was moved from Awassa (where he has been in an orphanage) to the foster home in Addis (the capital). This is pretty exciting, but they don't normal transfer kids until they have passed court. My case worker is out until tomorrow so she couldn't field my questions. So, I think they are just getting him ready which is super cool. Plus I am pretty sure that the foster home is a much better place for him. Please continue to pray for him. The new report today states that he is on antibiotics for tonsillitis and ointment for a diaper rash.

So, I have been sewing some, which is fun. I really enjoy creating things. This is my new purse/bag and I love it! I bought a t-shirt with this saying on it (that is really special to me) but the shirt became way too short after the first wash (no more on line shirts for me, I have been burnt one too many times). Now I have this awesome bag made out of a recycled sweater.





Julie

2 comments:

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."