Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Johnny Head" and "When I am five......"

I have no cue where this comes from, but somehow Gee has become "Johnny Head." Sounds strange eh? He calls himself Johnny or Johnny head. As I am sitting here, Gee, Anna and Madeline are sitting behind me eating breakfast. It is like a chant. Gee says "Johnny" and in unison Anna and Maddie say back "Johnn-y He-ad." Very strange indeed.

Oh and now that Madeline is 4 she can't stop talking about being 5. Like, "when I am five I will be able to do ______." I don't know why 5 is so old for her. Maybe it is because her buddy (and cousin) Kayla turned 5 last month. Yesterday she came downstairs to tell me that when she is five she will be able to give the babies spank'in, but "only if they are naughty." I asked her who the babies were and she answered "Anna and Gee." I did set her straight, but then we got into how old everyone was, well, I left the conversation recognizing the huge gap of understanding between a 4 year old and a 33 year old.

Nothing new on Asher. I think we are getting due for some pictures (or at least I hope). I am still very bummed our court date was postponed, but I am dealing with it much better. It will be a busy next couple months and while that doesn't make me want him here any less, it does help occupy my thoughts.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."