Friday, November 6, 2009

A little more....

Sorry to be so brief yesterday. I am still pretty bummed about our court outcome and have no desire to start bawling again. But, I feel I should explain a little better.

Our court date was postponed because a piece of paperwork was missing. This piece of paperwork is from MOWA (Ministry of Woman's Affairs in Ethiopia) and every case has to have one. From what I understand, MOWA is notorious for waiting until the last minute to add that document and if it is not there, you do not pass. Our agency said that MOWA had been off for a couple of days and therefore didn't add that document to any of the cases like they were suppose to. Our agency was expecting all their cases going before court yesterday and today to be postponed because of this.

Really, this is just beyond my ability to grasp. It made our big court date seem so arbitrary. I mean what was the point? The MOWA letter has to be there, MOWA knows that, the court knows that, what a waste of time.

Also, a month until another court date?? I mean seriously. I have seen people get rescheduled for court in like a week, maybe two, but a month?!? Even then, we have no reassurance we will pass. For all I know they didn't even look at the rest of our documents. I really do realize that as ridiculous as this is, it is part of the process. My heart though, aches for our son. I want him home. We have just added at least another month.

God is still faithful though. Our whole family prayed that God's will would be done with court. I trust that His will is perfect, even when it is beyond my understanding.

Yesterday, Ryan called back after the initial news to reming me that this must be God's will for Asher right now (yes, I very much needed reminded of that right then). Well, as soon as I got off the phone Logan came down stairs and said "you know mom, maybe God has a reason for Asher not passing, and we just don't know it yet." Thank you Lord, for surrounding me with a faithful family!

I really want to add to this post, that my baby girl is FOUR today. Even though court has been a downer, it has been nice to be celebrating the life and birth of one of my precious kiddos. Madeline is such a little firecracker and blessing to me. She was the baby that we conceived right after loosing our twins from Russia. The Dr.'s told me that we would miscarry her and took me off all medicine I was taking to sustain the pregnancy. I honestly don't know if I have ever been so down in my life. Then, a week later we had an ultrasound "just to be sure" and there she was. Her heart was beating and she was perfect. I am still amazed. Although is does not surprise me at this point that she was a fighter, even then.

So much has happened and it is hard to believe that this time four years ago, I was laying in a hospital room holding my minutes old baby girl. Madeline, I love you more than you will ever know. I feel extremely blessed to have been given such an amazing gift.

Julie

5 comments:

  1. It does seem like a waste of time & $$ for them to go to court when all the papers aren't in. Very disappointing, I'm sure!
    And Happy Birthday to Madeline!! I remember your story so well and your journey was a big part of opening my eyes & heart to treatments and now I have my twins and my big girl through adoptions!
    Blessings to you guys in the wait!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,

    Thank you so much for your sweet words and taking the time to write them! Yes, extremely hard to believe Maddie is four. Crazy. We still covet your prayers!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our court date was November 6th. Cancelled for the same reason and feeling the same pain. Rescheduled December 8th another month..I feel like no one understands the pain but seeing your blog for the 1st time at least I know you do. Been waiting since July of 08...praying the Lord's arms will hold us both up in His strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin,
    I am sorry to hear you were postponed also. We do understand how hard it is and we pray you pass the next time!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you- we were also on the 5th and postponed to the 7th of Dec. It is heartbreaking, deflating, it makes all that excitement and wait and eagerness just sort of fizzle and flop. I am also choosing to believe there is some reason that it wasn't our day. Very hard to do. I am also constantly reminding myself that God loves our daughter, and wants her to have happiness and love in our family. Looking forward to good news for us on the 7th!

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."