Friday, January 29, 2010

Starting to feel normal.

While the last few weeks have been amazing, I think I have been a little dazed by it all. I am sure the lack of sleep thing started me off on the wrong foot, but I am just starting to feel "normal." It feels good.

Let me just say again, Asher is incredible. I am so impressed by his tolerance for life and his adorable personality. Early this week we spent some time with Dr. Staat at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. She specializes in internationally adopted kids and we used her for Anna and Gee also. Well, they do a FULL social/physical work up on kids. I think Asher had like 10 plus vials of blood taken. It was so sad. His eyes were bloodshot by the time the lady was done and he just sobbed afterwards. Mostly the blood was taken to re-test things he has already been tested for, but I know some of it will go to have a malaria work up done since his medicals say he had it. He was a trooper though and he charmed everyone! Asher's sleeping has greatly improved also. He has only gotten up once the last three nights.

Probably one of the most fun aspects of this whole experience is the five other kids' reactions to him. We haven't gotten one negative response yet. The 3 (not so) little ones will lay on the floor with him and play/talk to him. They are always asking to help feed/change him. They are almost overwhelming to the poor boy at times. It is just really cool to see the process of accepting a new one into the fold. It is happening fast!

I have a ton of pictures to upload, but I am still sorting through luggage and the cord I need is somewhere in the all the junk.

Well, happily it is back to life for me. I have diapers to finish making, two suitcases of laundry left to wash and a house to get back in to order. Life is good.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."