Sunday, January 17, 2010

We are in the US....Thank God.

We are in Florida and I have to say, PRAISE THE LORD. This post is going to be brief, but I included lots of pictures. From a safety/smooth process perspective, things went amazingly. Truly we were/are blessed. Also, Asher is AMAZING. Seriously, he is happy, pretty easy to please and as sweet as can be. He is so easy to love and we are definetly in love. I cannot wait for everyone to meet him and see how special he is! From an emotional perspective though, this trip was agonizing. I will spare you the details, but I am just so happy to be safely reunited with my family.

Leah and Asher (we are still calling Mussie some) after a couple days. Leah was so amazing on this trip. She was so mature and handled herself impressively. I was very proud of her!



A very tired Julie and Asher on the Guest House lawn.



We were very happy to reach the US. This is at the Washington-Dullas airport.



Leah can always get hime to smile (or at least half smile).



Sleeping on my chest the first hour we got him.



Chill-laxing at the guest house. He loves to be on his belly.



With one of his nannies at the foster house.



Just me loving on him at our first meeting.



This is the first time I held him (he had just woke up).



At the airport before we left.











8 comments:

  1. He is precious!! And see little & cute!! Blessings to you all! Have fun with the family in FL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to meet him! So happy you are all safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I just love him. Sooooo glad you are back on US soil. I have missed my friend!
    can't wait to meet him and hear all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. itsn't he so cute, congrats on being HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! What a sweet little guy! Can't wait to meet him in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo hes so cute!
    i want to meet this little angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey friend! I just added you into my contacts...I actually got Ayantu down for a nap and I don't even know where to start!! :) I pray and trust that you all are settling in well. If you're still in Florida I'm jealous! :)

    We were so blessed to connect with you and Leah. Only our God would have us cross paths like that! Can't wait to read your blog!

    Stay in touch!

    Love, Jen and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, I can't wait to catch up with you!!! We just got home from Florida about 3:00 am this morning. I haven't even really unpacked. Be watching for an e-mail from me because it is coming.

    Oh, and the blessing was truly ours. You have a beautiful family and I am so thrilled to, in a small way, have seen it grow.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."