Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stress is creeping in.......

Oiy.

I am starting to get stressed. Me, stressed, is not so good. I have a LOT to do. This time of year is busy under normal circumstances, but this year is way worse. Truly, I enjoy being busy and having things to do, so to some extent all is well, but on the other hand, WHEN am I going to get everything done. Here are some of the things rolling around in my brain right now....

-"have tons of Christmas gifts left to make"
-"have tons of diapers left to make"
-"I need to get into our Dr.'s office to shoot everyone up with a Hep. A vaccine"
-"have a decent amount of Christmas left to buy"
-"I need to pick up Asher some jammies and basics"
-"I really should start packing"
-"I want to pull some freezer meal recipes together for Mindy and I's freezer meal day"
-"did the kids lock the coop door before they went to bed?"

That is all the craziness I will subject you to, but trust me, I am feeling the stress.

Our case manager called yesterday. Bless her heart, she didn't know that we knew and she thought she was calling us with this big surprise. Anyways though, right now we are waiting on Asher's new birth certificate. That is running about 2 weeks (which is quicker than it has been in the recent past). Once that is done all our stuff will be submitted to that Embassy and we will be issued an Embassy date. We will probably either be scheduled for December 30th or January 12th. I think there is a chance we could snag the earlier date, but it is unlikely because we have quite a few families in front of us. Our agency is only allowed 10 Embassy slots every other week. So, even if all our paperwork is there, we may have to wait because there are no earlier slots available. Obviously, the sooner the better, but even more so because we leave for Florida January 14th. If we get the January date, Ethiopia will run into that vacation. That is not the end of the world, I will just fly back into Orlando, but that is a whole lot of craziness for a baby that is sure to already think his life has been turned upside-down.

Well, I think I will head to bed. I am quite tired and I have lots of stuff to do tomorrow!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."