Sunday, December 27, 2009

12 and 1/2 days (and counting).......

We leave for Ethiopia in less than 13 days. I started packing today. One suitcase down, about 8 more to go. I packed Asher's suitcase, which I had already started, but I took the time today to weed some stuff out and get things more organized. It was kind of fun. I have to get Leah and I packed for Ethiopia (which is seriously a task in and of itself.....we have to take meds for things we can only imagine we will encounter, donations, cash, important documents, etc., etc.) but I also have to completely pack Ryan and the kids for Florida. The good thing is that I can mostly pack everything now because our Florida clothes are not the clothes we currently wear. I imagine that in the next few days I will have everything mostly packed. I just operate like that. With lots to do, I stress way less if I can do as much as I can as soon as possible.

It appears that Ryan and the other four kiddos are going to be leaving for Florida about the same time Leah and I leave for Ethiopia. I think that will be pretty good for the kids. It will keep them busy and excited about the fun they are having. I worry about Ryan and getting all the way down to Florida with no other adult help. I know Logan will be a huge asset to Ryan, but I still worry a bit. I am also a little sorry that I will be missing almost a whole week of family vacation, but I know it is so worth it to be going to get our son! It will be cool also to have a full week with Ryan in Florida to be together as a family of eight.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."