Monday, December 14, 2009

I miss him.....

You know, I think for people that have never adopted it might be hard to understand how you can miss someone you've never actually met..... I know, I have been there. And to be honest I am not sure really how to even explain how this feels. It's not like how it was when I was pregnant. Sure the nervous anticipation and excitement are definitely there and feel just the same, but a sad ache is there also. When I was pregnant, things just seemed like they were suppose to be. I was impatient and always wanted my bio kids here sooner than later, but this just feels wrong. He is there, he needs a family, we are here and love him and desperately want to be with him. I know loving him like we do is a beautiful thing, but when the one you love is so far apart, well you get the picture. Especially this time of year when there's nothing more I want to do than be around the people I love.

This is a great song that I have listened to way too many times this season.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy8RW6aHXWQ&feature=related

(sorry, you are going to have to cut and paste the link)

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Julie... What a song! I really like Third day, but I hadn't heard that one before. Just so poinant and real. Trying not to weep here! Thanks for posting! Can't wait to meet your Asher!

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."