Friday, October 30, 2009

Recent projects around the house

Here is the mess we are dealing with in the computer room. There is a layer of paper we put on on, then a layer of old wallpaper, then a layer of paint, and then two more layers of paper. This wall is just awful. Our bathroom is on the other side and while I think underneath everything there is drywall, the actual drywall has an outer layer of particle board type material. It is not easy to scrap with my normal "water and vinegar" technique. I end up gouging the drywall. So this wall will be sanded down the best I can and covered with a technique I have been wanting to try. The other walls in this room are plaster and are in decent shape. They are getting paint.


Here's our finished living room (sorry it is a little dark). I really love it. We just need some curtains and maybe a clock and it is good to go!



I think I am going to do caramel apples with the kids today. They will love getting to do their own and I will love eating the left over caramel. Tonight we are going to the harvest bash at church. They get to dress up and just have fun with games and candy. We didn't get to do trick or treat like we normally do because of Logan's soccer tournament. Which by the way, Logan did awesome in! They did not win, but I think Logan probably had two of his best games of the season. I am very proud of how hard he has worked this year.

Julie

PS 6 days until court!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is sad that they only way I know what is going on in your lives is by reading your blog. Kind of brings tears to my eyes. We should talk more often.

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."