Friday, November 5, 2010

Some Pictures

So I now have my diaper bag (and camera) back in my possesion (thank goodness). Here are some recent pictures of the monkey's. Some are a little old....

I was impressed at how well Asher could walk and kick Logan's soccer ball. It is like half his size, but he was pretty coordinated with it!






So, what do you do when your house is over-run with crazy kids? You stick them all in a dog crate. Actually, they put themselves in the crate and said "lock the door." I had to make them get out to make room for Patriot.



How pretty are these? Ryan has gotten super sweet about bringing home little treasures like this for me. I love it and think it is incredibly thoughtful.




A recycled sweater I made for Asher. I used an old Abercrombie sweater for the body and it is super heavy. I am happy with the end results, although the arms and the collar turned out a little wonky. It looks really sweet on him.




Aparently I was not paying enough attention to Asher because he got into the trash while I wasn't watching. I was however paying enough attention to grab my camera. The funny thing is that he wanted nothing to do with the spaghetti when we ate it the first time.



Here is Logan at his desk upstairs doing school. We have switched some of his home schooling this year to Switched On Schoolhouse. He is taking 3 computer subjects. He really likes them, which I like!



Asher's favorite drawer. For a while I just let him play in it because there's nothing in there that can hurt him. Now it is getting annoying to have to pick this stuff up from all over the house. Not to mention he has a play kitchen in the dining room that has tons of stuff to drag out. Yesterday he was getting into this drawer and I said "no, Asher" very firmly. He looked at me, shut the drawer, and walked away. No drama. Nice!



Anna, Gee and Madeline the first day of Kindergarden. Maddie is technically the only one doing Kindergarden work, but Anna and Gee are practicing their names and coloring some. Madeline loves Kindergarden and asks me to do it every day, although she only technically does school on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.



A couple weeks ago I did my Kroger Shopping before Ryan left in the morning. Asher was up (stinking early bird!) so we went together. It is impossible to put Asher and my coupons in the seat of the cart so I let him try the "big kid" cart. He LOVED it and was happy the whole hour I was shopping.



Gideon loves his dad so much and during soccer he would just follow him up and down the field while Ryan was coaching. It was so cute and I had to get a couple pics. On a little sad note, at Logan's last tournament game (the one they won), Gideon asked me to go "help" daddy and I said "sure." One minute later Gideon came back looking very, very sad. I asked him what was wrong and he said "Daddy said go sit with mommy." The boy was temporarily defeated. I think Ryan was just very focused on the game (it was close) and needed Gee to be out of the way, which I understood. Gideon, not so much.






Well, there are some updated pictures. Now I need to get to my canning/dehydrating. Our WONDERFUL neighbors gave me some sweet potatoes and a bunch of pears and apples. I am trying to put them all up before they go bad.
This weekend is our last weekend before two weekends of being away. I was thinking it would be pretty laid back, but it is shaping up to be kind of busy. Tonight we are going to dinner with my mom and step dad. Tomorrow is Madeline's birthday so will try and make that special for her. We have an apartment warming party to go to tomorrow, plus we have church and Ryan's aunt and uncle are in town. Not sure how we will fit everything in, but I am sure it will work out. Plus, all my family is coming over on Sunday to celebrate Maddie turning 5. So there goes a laid back weekend, but that is ok. It will be fun!
Julie









No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."