Saturday, November 20, 2010

Maddeline's Birthday and Lots of Pics!

Ok folks, Ihave lots of pictures up and many of them are of Madeline. Her Birthday was on the 6th of this month and she pretty much ended up with 3 little parties.

This was party #3. Maddie is giving Katelyn lov'ins to thank her for an awesome birthday gift (that Katelyn picked out herself no less). Last weekend we went to Maumee Bay, probably one of my favorite Ohio State Parks. We decided to just celebrate with Ryan's side of the family while we were there.



Opening presents



Asher being a cheese head.



Princess cupcakes, sorta. I made frosting and brought cupcake liners, sprinkles, etc with me to the park. I even brought cake mix. However, I forgot to get oil and eggs and we were no where near the store. I was going to buy cupcakes from the lodge, but they wanted $30 a dozen. Ummmmm.....no. So we improvised. I frosted the blueberry muffins I had already make and brought from home and let Madeline sprinkle them and put on the crowns. It worked great.




This lodge has a great play area with all kids of "soft" things for the kids to bounce around on. They has so much fun!



How cute is my little nephew Truett?



The kid table eating the yummy buffet breakfast. This was the first time that we put all the kids a one table (minus the littlest in each family). They did pretty good I thought.


The adult table.


Sweet pie Lucy and Asher at the "head" of the table.



Madeline riding her bike from Christmas last year. I am sad to say this was the first time she rode it. I put it together that morning. Very, very sad.


Gorgeous pears that I canned last week. These were gifted to me by our amazing neighbors. They are very time consuming to prepare, but they will be a real treat in the winter.


Ok, so here's the difference in what a free range egg looks like and a store bought. They yolks in the free range eggs are MUCH oranger and richer. I got a dz eggs for like .39 cents at our local store (they have some good weekly specials) and our hens are laying really low right now. Plus, fresh eggs are hard to peel when you hard boil them. So I bought 1 dz eggs, you should have seen Logan harassing me. I think he thought I was two timing our hens.



Last week was visitors week at gymnastics. Here is the little kids' group (go Gee, the only boy in the group).



Here are the kids showing off!
Gee.....


Anna Banana.......



Madeline...... Let me say here, Madeline held that V sit forever. She is competitive like her big sister.



Asher got a chance to hang around on the equipment. He loved it until he had to move for the class.



Ava, just chilling and waiting for Katelyn to get done.



This picture is from the party at our house the day after Madeline's birthday. My mom got Madeline make up and Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Nick got her princess dresses. Uncle Nick and Aunt Kristy helped the girls get all done up. Beautiful.


Maddie eating her birthday cake.



This is what happens when a 4 year old says "let me take a picture."



I thought this was so cute. Madeline giving Aunt Sue lovings for her birthday money.


Opening more goodies (check out Cadence on my lap, she was very interested in the present opening).



This was actualyy Madline's birthday. We ended up at Jami and Jason's house. We gave her our presents and Jason and Jami had a gift for her also. It was so nice and she loved her Pillow Pet. Here she is showing Sophie and Kayla the love.



Leah and Logan picked this out for Madeline and paid for it with their own money. Such a good big brother and sister!



Waiting like a princess in the dress she picked out.



Aunt Chrissy and Gracie (aka peaches) earlier in the day. How photogenic are they!?!



And finally, my poor tormented son. He tried to chase those wings off (think of a dog chasing his tail) for like 5 minutes. All I have to say Logan is "your time will come...."




And, that is all folks. Whew!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."