Friday, November 12, 2010

A weekend away

Off we go to a long weekend, yeah! We are headed up to Maumee Bay state park for a couple days with the kids and Ryan's side of the family. I have barely packed, but I got a new bike. I am so excited about it! We decided to do some biking this weekend and my bike is old and not working properly. So Ryan and I headed up to good old Walmart last night and I got me a new Schwinn. It is so pretty and blue! Now to get the baby seat hooked up. It takes a two seater pull behind, a baby seat carrier and a baby backpack to get our crew on a ride. Oh and Leah and Logan have to pull their own weight of course. It is fun though and we don't do bike rides near as much as I wish.

I am starting to get excited for Christmas. I actually found the station on the radio yesterday that played Christmas all the time. It was a beautiful thing! I will say though, this beautiful Indian Summer we've been having makes Christmas a little farther from my mind. Not so far though that I haven't been doing a little more Christmas shopping. For some reason, buying for the kids is coming super easily this year. It is nuts. Fortunately I am finding great deals on line and haven't spent all that much really. Just little things here and there. Our poor delivery guys. They will be making their rounds at our house. Good thing they are such nice guys. They even bring our crazy 90 lb puppy treats. I am thinking that one of these good Christmas deals needs to be for them!

So, I am not sure I mentioned this before but we had our friend start digging our pond this week. We have been working toward this for a couple years now. You know, digging test holes and saving money. Every test hole we dug hit great clay about 8 to 10 feet down. We have a LOT of beautiful peat moss, but that doesn't typically hold water. Well, wouldn't you know it, the huge hole he dug didn't hit clay anywhere. It has totally left me scratching my head. So for now our front 4/5 acres is a muddy mess. We have a big hole and I think we are going to see how that hole keeps water and go from there. A little disappointing, but that is the way it goes sometimes.

Until later!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."