Sunday, October 31, 2010

Some very sweet sentiments.

So a few nights ago Ryan went upstairs to say goodnight to the kids. He was leaving Gee's room and said "goodnight buddy." Gideon asked "Dad, did you know we were going to be buddies when you got me?" Ryan said "got you from where, Guatemala?" Gee smiled and shook his head "yes." Really to me, it doesn't get much better than that. That is just precious on so many levels. Gideon loves his daddy like crazy and I hope they are always best buds.

Today I was heading back from Columbus with Asher and the little girls and we were watching the ever popular Veggie Tales. It was the beginning of one the video's where Bob is trying to convince Larry to play the Tuba and Larry says something about how he doesn't want to play because everyone will laugh. I hear Maddie say back to Anna "you didn't laugh did you?" She was seriously watching out for poor Larry.

I need to take this opportunity to say I love Veggie Tales. Leah and Logan really got in to them when they were little, but they have been a by gone thing for a few years. Now in the last year or so they have really been revived with the new batch of kiddos. They love watching them and I love that they are getting excellent messages from the bible in such an entertaining way. I mean, who doesn't love Bob and Larry?? Oh and I highly recommend their newest video "It's a Meaningful Life." It is kind like a Veggie version of "It's a Wonderful Life" and the "Polar Express." PLUS, it is adoption friendly (any Steven Curtis Chapman fans out there?)

Well, soccer is over and Logan and his team won their tournament. It was a great game and Logan did a super job. I am so very proud of my original little man. He was proud also!

I am also very proud of Miss Leah. She got a 4.0 for her first 9 weeks of school. I hear that she is the only one in her whole grade to do that. Her parent teacher conference is this Thursday so it will be great to see what they have to say about her.

I promise, pictures will come with the next post!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."