Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yeah, a little disappointed....

I really thought we'd have a referral by now (how many times am I going to say that?). I e-mailed our case worker to see where thing were at and she said we are "getting closer." She said they got 2 little boy referrals this week but did not elaborate on their age or anything. I know we are after my friend in line for a baby boy so I don't understand why we are still waiting. Maybe those little boys were out of our age range or something. I e-mailed my case worker and told her about knowing I was next in line and asked her if I was indeed next. I have been watching every phone call like it could be "the one."

We are leaving in the morning for a family reunion in West Virginia. I am looking forward to it and it will be a good distraction from the waiting (I have been saying that all summer :)). We are taking our camper and I have been diligently baking, cleaning and canning the last couple days. It is good though because I have gotten a lot done and our camper is full of goodies for the weekend.

So, I just wanted to update on things. Later.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."