Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Off we go to camp!

Well, we are leaving to go camping in an hour or so. Yeah! We will be gone until Sunday, but I just wanted drop a little note to let cha know that I have not forgotten about you. :)

The camper is packed (pretty much every nook and cranny is full) and we are just waiting on Ryan to get home. I did some baking for this trip and made fresh raspberry scones, blueberry muffins, no knead pumpkin yeast bread and zucchini bread (yes, with our fresh zucchini). I also prepared a dinner for the whole crew (10 adults and 13 kids). I made homemade meatballs and sauce for meatball hoagies and I am going to make an italian potato bake and a cucumber salad when we get there. I also made a bunch of cheesecake. I made a New York style cheesecake and 4 mini cheescakes (oreo, peanut butter cup, lemon and german chocolate). I also did cheesecake pops for the kids (although I think I might have to fight off the adults...including myself). They are homemade cheescake scooped into balls, chilled, then dipped in chocolate and sprinkle. They look like suckers because I put them on sticks. Yummy! (I think I will probably be coming back 5 lbs heavier....).

So, off I go. I will post with pics when I get back.


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."