Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Adoption...

Tomorrow marks 15 weeks that we have been waiting for little bean. Our estimated wait time was 2 to 3 months. To be honest, I very surprised we have had to wait this long. I really thought going in to this that there would be no doubt we'd have a referral by now. While I am frustrated with our lack of referral, I am even more frustrated with the fact that we are still 4 or 5 spots away from getting a referral. Referrals with our agency have changed to a small trickle (if any) because of a number of issues going on in Ethiopia. It is anticipated that these issues will be resolved any time, but for now it appears that we will have to continue to wait. For some reason I am really struggling with this. I am sure in part this is hard because I am super impatient, but I am pretty frustrated with our agency right now and that bothers me. Our case worker is really a sweet lady and she always takes the time to respond to my e-mails, but she is the queen of avoiding questions. I also feel like she doesn't take Ryan and I real seriously. She made the comment to me in my last e-mail that she couldn't understand how a busy mom of 5 could possibly have the time to worry about when #6 would arrive. You know because what's another kid?? If I were too busy to worry and wonder about #6, why the heck would we be adopting? How would we possibly have time for another child? Ugh. It is just so irritating.

Not only is this whole part of the process proving to be frustrating, but now the length of time from referral to travel has gotten significantly longer due to some new regulations. You know, you'd think since we've done this before we'd be use to all this, but we are not. Especially me. I kind of feel like this adoption at this point is not real. I hesitate to sound too pessimistic because I know it will reflect poorly upon myself, but I feel like this is never going to happen. There, I said it, my big whine. I haven't lost sight of the main goal in all this and I still know that God has this all planned out, but man this part is tough.

Come on little dude, your family is waiting.......

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."