Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Some Adoption News

I e-mailed my case manager today because I really just wanted to know if we were days, weeks or months away from a referral. We got a bulk e-mail from our agency last week talking about clients wanting to know their place on "the list." They pretty much don't want to have to give that number anymore because referrals are so dependent on the individual couple and the child being referred. Plus, right now they are still experiencing big delays and have not yet caught up with itself. So, on the heels of "quit bugging us about where you are on the list" I e-mailed my case manager to, you know, ask where we were on "the list." Before I give her response, I feel the need to add that I feel somewhat entitled to an answer to this question considering our 2 to 3 months to wait for a referral has turned in to 4 months. Here was her response:

"Much of this is the paperwork we have been waiting on for weeks – so we’re hoping it will be like Christmas when it all finally arrives! I still suspect that your referral will be among those that we know are coming. And I hope it will be this week. Just can’t promise what I don’t know!"

I will take that response! I am certainly not counting on it happening this week (really I am not), but it is nice to know that they feel it will be happening soon. Yeah!!

Julie

1 comment:

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."