Monday, August 3, 2009

Still waiting for a referral and back home.

We are still waiting to see our little guy's face. I confirmed with our case manager last Friday that we are indeed next. Yeah! I thought we were, but I was starting to think that maybe I was wrong. Our agency is expecting another set of referrals early this week, so maybe our son is in that group. I hope so.

We arrived home from our long weekend about 2 hours ago. It was really a great trip. We really enjoyed being with the family and the kids had a blast and swam all day long. Our camper had some issues, we think due to a non grounded electrical outlet at my aunts house that we were staying at. If you touched our metal steps or the door handle without shoes, you got zapped. It was crazy. We all got shocked numerous times, including the little kids and the dog. The kids would not get into the camper by themselves, even if the camper was unplugged and once the dog got zapped she wouldn't come within 20 feet of the camper steps. I know it isn't really funny, but I couldn't help but laugh, ummm, numerous times.

We celebrated Gee's birthday with my family while we were there. He loved his Spidy-man cake and decorations. He also loved all the goodies he got. Everyone was really generous and it was just a nice day of celebrating and being together. I will upload some pictures soon.

Another great thing about our weekend was that we got an e-mail from Gideon's foster family. They were remembering his birthday right along with us. They even sent us some pictures. They are just incredibly sweet people and I can't wait to go back to Guatemala to see them again. I want them to see how wonderful Gee is. They will be so proud of him!

A very sad part of our weekend was that we found out that a very good friend of the family passed away. Her passing was not unexpected, but she was way too young to be leaving this earth. Praise God though that she is now with our Heavenly father in paradise. Please be praying for this sweet family. We will be attending the visitation and funeral this week.

We leave Friday for a week in Gatlinburg. It seems that our vacations come in clumps. I really love going to Gatlinburg because I love the mountains and hitting the trails. This will be another busy few days for us though. I have to unpack from camping and getting everything ready to go again. Plus I have a good deal of canning to do. Busy, busy, but I will get it all done (I hope). I feel like I just need to get organized, which I am no where close to being.

Well, hopefully my next post will be announcing our referral. Maybe??? Hopefully.......

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."