Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The zoo and misc. pics.

Ok, here's my attempt at captions again. If they get all jumbled (which I am pretty sure they will) just play a little match up game!

What is Logan doing in Gee's crib? I have no clue. Let me just say I am happy that puppy is well made!

This is my monster squash plant. It is over-shadowing all my other vining plants and I am considering cutting it back and taking my losses. My honeydew's and watermelon's are what's going to suffer and we cannot have that!


Check out these little birdies. They are so ugly they are cute. They are right in the middle of one of our raspberry bushes (which by the way we have gotten a good deal of berries off this year). If you barely bump the branch they all perk up and chirp like crazy. Leah is all worried about them because she hasn't seen the mama around. I've seen the mama once, but I told Leah (and all the kids) that she needs to just stay away and that is the best way to "help" the birdies out.


The last few pics are of the zoo. We went about a week or so ago with my SIL and her kiddos. We all had fun and the animals were great. We even did the petting zoo (i.e. germ city) and the kids helped brush out some goats.


Look how big my Logan looks. **Sigh** Where does the time go???


Oh, this tiger was so funny. It just kept pacing back and forth in front of the glass, like it was showing off. It was cool though because the kids were literally like and inch or two away from the tiger. All the kids thought the tiger was great until they got up to the glass and saw how close the tiger really was. Anna had to be coaxed to stay by the glass and Gee was just gone. He waited at the stroller, a safe distance away.


So, tiger's may not be Gee's thing, but he didn't even hesitate to touch the snake. Ewww. I can do bugs, spiders, etc, all the normal stuff girls typically get squeamish about, but I do not like snakes! I can be on our massive mower and see an itty bitty gardner snake over in the yard and I still jump. They are just creepy. My kids however, snakes don't bother them a bit. Except for Anna, she and I just don't do snakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."