Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our life lately in jumbled pictures.......


This past weekend we went to Cincinnati for Grandpa Cole's 80th birthday.  It was a really nice time and it was great to be there to celebrate with Grandpa!  There's a picture in here somewhere of Grandpa and his yummy cake!

On the way home from Cincy I experienced IKEA for the first time.  I was VERY impressed.  I am all about a good bargain and the store was full of them.  The store is HUGE.  Almost confusingly so.  I could have spent hours in there, but alas, Ryan was in the car with our movie plastered kids, so I was in and out in less than an hour.  For those of you who have been there before, you know that was pretty good.  I got a few different things but my favorite was the "spice racks" I bought.  A couple months ago I decided to organize my spices.  I get a lot of spices bulk and they come in those crunchy little plastic bags that do not reseal. They make a mess.  My sister bought me these great glass spice jars for my birthday last month and as soon as I got them I filled them up.  I have been very intensely looking for a "rack" for them since I filled them.  I knew these racks were perfect!  I totally love how they fit into our kitchen and they are very accessible.  Cute eh? 

Of course I have to give a chicken update.  Our meat birds will meet their fate in 2 weeks.  Good riddens!  They are getting very large and they smell horrible.  I just cleaned all the boxes on Sunday evening and those meaties have already stunk the garage up again.  They need to be out of the garage, they are big enough, but we have no place to put them yet.  We are working every spare minute on the coop and it is getting close to being done (I included a dusty pic of the inside of the coop).  The hens are doing well.  One flew out of the box Sunday and Flirty found her.  Not good.  Flirt is very nice to the chicks, but I really think she would love them to death.  I think Flirt thinks the chicks are her puppies.  Yes, I know that sounds a little silly, but she kind of tries to mother them.  It is sweet in a freaky animal sort of way.  With the chick the flew out, it appeared that Flirt was trying to grab her by the neck and put her back in the box.  Um....... yeah, good in theory, but obviously not so good in practicality.  

Oh, I had to include a picture of a gorgeous rainbow we were blessed with last week.  This crazy spring weather has brought us freezing cold rain, beautiful sunny days, lots of wind and this amazing rainbow!  It was a complete rainbow, although I obviously couldn't get it all in the picture.   











Ok, so if anyone knows how to fix my picture issues, please do tell.  I am just assuming it is a silly issue with my Apple laptop not recognizing some program Blogspot uses.  But I am tired of this.....  I am now will to put a little more effort into fixing it.  Anyone know how?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."