Friday, April 24, 2009

Ok, so I made a mistake.....

The kids and I ran to a few garage sales today.  They were the first sales this year I had been to.  I love to garage sale, even though today was kind of a bust.  Anyways, at one of the sales they had this "Spooky Tales" book about scary stories that are suppose to have taken place in Ohio.  Leah asked for it, claiming it would be fun to take camping, and I told her "no."  But then for some strange reason (satan?) I let her add it to the book I was already buying.  It was a short book and Leah pretty much had it read in about 1/2 an hour.  I asked her if the stories were too bad and she said that they weren't bad at all.  So then Logan wanted to read it and I warned him that they were scary, but he wanted to read it anyways.  Well, guess who is sleeping on our floor right now?  Yep, Logan.  It doesn't help that Leah has been taunting him all day with the stories also.

I really do not know what I was thinking.  I am very sensitive to scary stuff.  I frighten pretty easily and it has just been in the last few years that I can go to the bathroom without having to check behind the shower curtain first.  I do think this stems back to my childhood where if I wanted to hang with my two older sisters, I watched what they watched.  Can anybody say "Freddy Kruger?"  All kidding aside, because I struggle with fear so much I have really tried to spare my kids from that.  To some extent the whole "junk in, junk out" philosophy.  Now poor Logan (and even Leah to some extent) will have those ridiculous stories in their brain for a very long time.  I know this isn't the end of the world and over time the stories will fade, but gesh, sometimes I get so irritated with myself.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."