Sunday, April 26, 2009

Starting to get a little excited/anxious!

So, there's a web board that I frequent that is only for family involved in Ethiopian adoptions. Many of the families on that board use our same agency, CWA.  Well, a gal on there just got a referral for a little 7 month old boy on April 22nd.  She is using CWA also.  I talked to my case worker on April 20th and she said we were 7th (do remember, these are just estimates).  The lady with the new referral said she was #3 on the 21st and she got her referral on the 22nd.  So, if she bumped 2 spaces, theoretically, so should we!  This Gal got put on the waiting list March 3rd and got her referral April 22nd.  That is just a little over 7 weeks folks.  Tomorrow will mark 5 weeks that we have been waiting!  Would it be possible to get a referral in the next two weeks?  I keep trying to remind myself that right before we got on the waiting list there hadn't been a boy referral for 1 month.....  That could happen again.  

Man, I really almost wish I hadn't read all that.  Now I am getting pumped up and anxious.  And, even after we get a referral, we still have a long time before he will be home.  So far the 5 week wait hasn't been too bad.  I mean, I think about "him" all the time.  When we go to church, I imagine snuggling with him on my lap, when we visit with family I think about how different things will be when little bean is here.  He seems to always be in my thoughts, but, I have been so busy lately, I guess I haven't had the time to let my thoughts be overly consumed with all this.  For some reason, now I feel like I have that time.  NUTS.  The wait will get much harder now.

The wait will certainly feel different though once we have a referral.  Yes, I will be more desperate to get him home, but once we know who little bean is we can start to really prepare for him!  That will be fun.

We are already debating names, but we have nothing picked out yet.  I am a little stumped on this one.  We have 3 names were are throwing around, and I like all three, but I am not sure any of the names will be the right name for him.  I think seeing his face will help us decide.  I would like to get him named pretty quickly because I think it will give the kids a way to start connecting with him.  Oh, something I should add here.......  Once we get a referral, we cannot legally post his picture on the internet until he is officially ours (which isn't until we pass court).  So don't expect a "here he is" picture right away.

Well I guess that is it.  Do you mind if I ask you all to pray for us and for little bean?  Especially pray that he is healthy/doing well.  Also, even though I know things will happen in God's timing, would you pray we'd get a referral soon and get us a court date before the courts close?

Thanks so much!

Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."