Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Blog!!!!

So, welcome to my new blog address!  I plan to keep my old one up for a while, just so others can be linked here.  I just felt it was time to have a "family blog" and not just an "Anna and Gee" blog.  From now on out this will be the place I will post about our daily lives and I will keep you all up to date on our adoption.

Adoption Update.....

We are moving right along.  I am actually very happy with where we are at.  Pretty much I have or will have all our documents for both the home study and our dossier by Friday.  That is a HUGE accomplishment.  I think we've only been official clients with our international agency for like a week and a half or so.  I did some minor things before we even decided to adopt for sure a few weeks ago because I knew they could take a while.  The rest, well, I have just been plowing through.  Fortunately I am surrounded by an awesome home study agency and friends and other agencies that have been very accommodating.  I will say though, I am feeling the stress.  I tend to put immense pressure on myself to do everything in my power I can possibly do.  This is good, because I get things done, this is bad because I tend to be stressed and a little intense.  If you think about it, say a little prayer for us.  Next Friday we have our fingerprinting appointment for our 171H (the main document we need from the US government to adopt).  Ryan and I have to go to Columbus to have this done and I would like to have all our dossier paperwork done so we can just hop over to the state department and have all our documents authenticated.  For those of you unfamiliar with what a dossier is, it is just the compilation of all your official documents that go to your chosen country.  I think our dossier has 15 to 20 documents (our completed home study is just one of those).  Each of those documents must be signed in front of a notary, then we have to go to the county that each notary is certified in and get a "county certification."  Then we have to go to the State Department in Columbus and get each county certification, state certified.  Then I think they are sent to the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington, DC to get the state certification authenticated.  Then they can be sent to Ethiopia and translated.  It is a bit crazy and maddening, so yes, some prayers that we can pull this all together quickly would be much appreciated.

Potty Time update......

Gee is doing pretty good.  He was sick off and on for like 5 days, so we didn't even bother with it, but we've really been working on it since Sunday.  I "think" he has the peeing thing down.  He will pee when he sits on the potty immediately and he is even starting to tell me when he has to go, so that is very good.  As for the pooping on the potty, well....... not as impressive.  I think he is starting to get it because he gets panicky when he has to poop and he will even say he has to go poopy, but usually by then it has already begun.  Fortunately Gee's tell tale loose and frequent bowels have been very solid and infrequent over the last few days and we've saved ourselves from some really bad messy.  But, he will get it soon.  In the meantime we will kept lavishing him with praise and chockies (he gets a piece of chocolate even time he does his business on the potty) and hope the desire to fully be a "big boy" will win out in the end.

Ok, enough jibber jabber for now!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."