Sunday, March 29, 2009

Here Chickie, Chickie.......

Our baby chicks arrived early (like a call from the post office at 7:15) Wednesday morning.  We ordered 45 chicks and I think we actually got about 50.  I was shocked that they all made the trip.  They all seem to be doing well.  I will say that they are quite cute.  I especially like the little striped one in the first picture.  The chicks we will have butchered are already like twice the size of some of the other chicks.  All the chicks are pigs!  All they do is eat, drink and poop.  We are still having fun with them though.  They are just fun to watch.  The three little ones call them their "chicken nuggets."  Ummmmm, close.

We've been working on getting our chicken coop up to par.  We still have a ways to go, but it is coming along.  I am sure it will be ready when the chicks are.  We were out cleaning it Friday night and we found some old "US Poultry Association" certificates posted on the inside wall.  They were from 1947!  Pretty cool.

I also started our vegetable seedlings today.  I am a little late getting started and I am not convinced they are even going to work, but I am certainly giving it the best try I can!

Julie 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."