Monday, March 30, 2009

I am not sure what to do....

So, Ryan and I need to decide what age range we are open to.  I really want as young as possible, especially considering it will  take 4 to 7 months to even get him home.  Younger is better for attachment, although to be honest, that is not my primary reason.  This will be our last child (unless God intervenes on like Biblical levels) and I kind of like the thought of doing the baby thing again, to some degree.  I feel pretty strongly about this.  At the same time, I want to be open to what God has for us.

Our wait whether we say 0 to 6 months or 0 to 12 months will still essentially be 2 to 3 months.  So, part of mean just says "request the younger age and wait a bit more."  The only problem with that is that court in Ethiopia closes for 6 to 8 week in August/September.  Our agency still makes referrals, but no court hearings are done.  So, if I request a broader range there's a chance I will get a referral quicker.  Right now we are at exactly 1 week of waiting.  If we wait for 3 months to get a referral, that will come mid to late June.  Court hearings are running 6 to 8 weeks right now, which puts us right there at court closure and it puts us with our beautiful referral waiting an additional 2 months!  Really, a referral 2 to 3 weeks earlier could get us in to court before it closes.

I am just not sure what to do.  I am going to pray about it some more though because we don't have to make a decision on this until we get a little closer to a referral.  Hmmmm.......

Julie   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."