Tuesday, January 4, 2011

No, we have not dropped off the face of the earth......

Man, it has been a while since I have posted.

The holidays were great! We got to spend lots of time with our extended families and lots of time together just the 8 of us. My favorite part was Ryan being home the week between Christmas and New Years. He still had to do some work, so he wasn't here the whole time, but most of it and it was a beautiful thing. We all get attached to having him home and it is sad when he has to go back.

The kids were tons of fun this year and just enjoyed themselves so much. The did a really good job also of being toted around more than usual. Also, there were considerably more overnights and having fun with cousins/friends. To be honest I think they are still bouncing back a bit. School and work started back up yesterday along with all other activities. We are definitely getting back in the groove.

The great thing is that in a few weeks we get to get back out of the groove to go to Florida. I LOVE our Florida trips. I am already starting to pack (actually have been since putting the summer stuff away a couple months ago). We have been doing this trip with Ryan's family every year for a while now. We rent a big house close to Disney and all stay together. We usually only go to the theme parks a couple times and the rest of the time is just spent relaxing, swimming, and, well, relaxing. I cannot wait!

Well, off I go until later. I am canning our yummy grass fed beef we butchered a couple months back. It is in the pressure cooker as we speak. I think I am going to can some chicken while I have the pressure cooker out. Actually I may go ahead and make beef stew up and maybe some chicken noodle soup. Those are soooo nice to have on hand for a quick meal. I love my pressure cooker!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."