Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas and Misc. Pictures

In true to Julie form, I have a bunch of pictures from the last couple weeks. However, unlike my normal true to Julie form, they are in chronological order.

The Wednesday before Christmas Ryan took Gideon, Leah and Logan to work with him. I decided to have a couple of my little neices over for some girl time. We made Christmas ornaments and birthday cakes for Jesus. It was lots of fun. The girls got to pick their frosting color and their sprinkles for their cakes and they even got to lick the frosting out of their bowls!

Here's Kayla with her yummy cake!



Katelyn with her very purple cake.



Kayla and Anna digging in on the extra frosting.



All four girls having fun!



This year we bought a tree for each bedroom upstairs. It was their nightlight for the Christmas season. The girls picked purple for their room, the boys picked blue and Leah picked white. They were really quite fun. We left them undecorated and apparently the kids thought that would not do. The tree in the girls' room was decorated to look like a girl with a vest, skirt and shoes. Ha! Very funny.



Oh, I am very excited about this project. It is a "family Rules" craft project that I found off the internet. This is how it looked with the base done, before I added the rules.



Here are the bigger kids (Logan, Ethan, Leah and Sophie) playing out on our little pond. They did not last long. It was cold!


The four little ones braving the cold (Anna, Kayla, Gideon and Madeline). They stayed out just as long as the bigger kids.



Asher is getting ready for Christmas Eve breakfast. I think this is going to be a tradition around these parts. It kind of started the holiday fun (and food).



The whole crew ready for the yummy feast.



This is how we kept Asher going Christmas morning. By the way, he totally dug wearing the santa hat.



How the presents/tree looked ready for the kids Christmas morning.



The annual waiting on the stairs picture.



The note Santa left for Anna, Gee and Madeline.



They found their present!



Asher found his present. A plush cowboy rocking horse.



Opening presents.





Logan got a Ghillie suit and I think it seriously confused poor Asher.


Ok, so this is how Gee's hair looks first thing in the morning. I think he needs a hair cut.



I watched my 3 neices the other day for a bit and their youngest is 3 months younger than Asher. Asher tends to get a little pushy at first with Lucy, but I swear he was sharing in this picture, not getting ready to push her. Oh, just to clarify, he does not push her down, just gives a little stay away from my stuff "pat." I am so proud of Lucy though because she does not take his crap and it takes about 10 minutes for Asher to realize that Lucy will not be a pawn in his little game.

Asher has started doing this crazy laugh when you ask him to smile. This is how it looks part of the way through. It is seriously hilarious. It is like a wierd happy incredible hulk transformation.


Here it is again. Nice, huh.



Here is our "family rules" all done. I love it.


Here is part of my acomplishments this week. From left to right: sausage lentil soup, beef vegetable soup, beef, and bean soup. I have decided that I do not like the process of canning the beef (very messy), but I LOVE the finished product. Oh and I also canned 5 pints of shredded chicken from a couple of our small birds in the freezer.


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."