Monday, October 4, 2010

Thriftiness and Recent Happenings.......

Life has been busy and I feel bad I haven't posted in such a long time, but that is the way it goes I guess. This past weekend we had all the "Cincy Coles" to our neck of the woods. Ryan's dad has one brother and between these two men their are like 18 children (including husband/wives) and 30 grandchildren. Plus, 2 more grandkids are brewing and one cousin is getting married in a couple weeks. This Cole side took the "be fruitful and multiple" thing very seriously. It was a great time though and I love that side of the family. They are fun and easy to spend time with. It is always a blessing. Grandma Cole was very missed though. I thought that numerous times throughout the event. We all still miss her........

This has become Asher's spot. He loves to sit here. This time Anna and Madeline joined him. Asher loves to get into my drawers and get out my lids and storage containers. He tries very hard to put the lids on, but 95% of the time they don't match and that is very frustrating to him. Anyways, this is almost always the spot he comes to with his spoils.


Gee said "take a picture of me" which doesn't happen often, so I did. Nice Gideon.....


Asher is just like a little tornado. He walks through the house puling out anything he can. I can always tell where he has been. Fortunately he is learning "no" pretty good so if I catch him in the act I can deter him temporarily. Here he is very proud of his empty pop bottle from the trash.


A wagon ride from this weekend with part of the crew.


Esther and Scott and their two littles (you can't see Coleson).


Uncle Dennis, Aunt Sheila, their daughter Sarah and two of her littles (she is pregnant with #4 and paper pregnant to adopt from China).


This is Aaron, son in law to Uncle Dennis and part of his crew (plus some). His wife Alisha is pregnant).


One of PaPa's shaggy cow's. If anyone is interested in such things, Ryan and I will be purchasing some cattle of our own soon. We are inquiring about possibly starting a herd of Ancient White Parks. They are a really cool dual purpose type cattle. They are pretty rare and right now we are very much in the getting prepared stage. It is exciting though!


Feeding the cows.


So, here's some thriftiness in my life right now. I found this great wooden car at the Goodwill. I love solid wood stuff for the kids. They are so durable and classic. I am so tempted to switch all their toys out for stuff like this. Do they made wooden Leapsters and I touch's?


Cute little shoes I made for asher out of a recycled wool sweater. He wears them all the time!


I just made these yesterday for Madeline. Anna and Gideon have a pair cut out and ready to sew. They are a little wonky and I plan to tweak the next two pairs.


Ooo, anther steal from the Goodwill. These are Robeez soft shoes for Asher. These retail for $25 plus dollars. I paid $1.99. They are like new also they just look a little smushed. I have been seriously been looking for another pair for Asher on line and very close to buying some. Good thing I held out.


This is probably my best all time find from a Goodwill (and I have found a lot). I loved this bag and could tell it was quality. Little did I know. After doing a little research on line I found that this bag is from a German designer and they retail for $200 to $500. I kid you not. I paid $2.99. Yeah baby! Now do I try and sell it knowing how big of a pain that can be, or just use it with a smug little look on my face?


Ok, so this wasn't thrifty because of anything I did, but holy cow, it is wonderful and it was FREE. My very excellent mother and father in law gifted this set to us. They moved recently and bought a different set for their new house. I cannot tell you how much we needed this. Our last dryer was very seriously on its last leg and it was sooooo un-efficient. I zip through laundry now and when you do about 3 to 4 loads a day, that saves so much time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."