Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It is me again....

You know sometimes there just isn't much to blog. Not that I don't blog because of that, but I swear sometimes I do try and spare you the details. Today is not one of those days.

Life is trucking along like normal I guess. It has been a little warmer here than it normally is (like low 70's) and it has been really nice to get outside and try to enjoy the weather. It has also been windy and I heard today they are expecting gusts up to 60 mph. Goodbye pretty fall leaves on our trees. Step 1 to winter.....

Logan is in the middle of his soccer tournaments. He won his game last night and his next game is Saturday at 10:00. The little kids have their last game on Saturday also. Soccer is lots of fun, but it will be nice to have our Wednesdays and Saturdays back. Setting aside this time really hasn't been a big deal, but I feel as if we are just scratching the surface of "running" for the kids. Between piano, gymnastics, school and homeschool I feel like I run a lot, but with 6 kids I know we are only just starting the craziness. Even though we plan to restrict the kids and their endeavers, running like a mad woman is inevitable I guess.

I told you I already broke out the first Christmas gift buy, well now I am really on the prowl for good deals. Since my last purchase I snagged a deal for Asher on one of those deal of the day sites and I got a really good deal on some Veggie Tales stuff from the Big Idea site. I am still trying to pace myself though. We only spend a set amount on the kids for Christmas and I do not want to max that amount too quickly and certainly not before Black Friday.

Something a little exciting on Ryan and I's part...... We are taking a couple days away from the kids in a few weeks. We are taking a full Saturday, Saturday night and all day Sunday to get some adult time with some of the other adults in Ryan's family. We aren't sure where we are going yet, but wherever it is I am sure will be lots of fun. Plus, in a couple weeks we are heading up to Maumee Bay with Ryan's family. So two of our November weekends are going to be taken with fun stuff. Then add in there Thanksgiving, well, it will just be an exciting month.

Well, we have gymnastics in a little bit so I need to go. I have lots of pictures to upload, but my camera is in my diaper bag and my diaper bag was left in Columbus last Saturday. All is not lost though. They are holding my bag for me. Luckily my camera was the only thing of value in the bag. So really, as stinky as that is, I feel blessed to even still have the bag.....

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."