Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Good to be back to normal....Almost.

We've been home from camping since Sunday evening and I finally feel like things are getting back to normal. Leah is gone though. She is at camp and won't be home until Friday evening. I really miss her. Like, really miss her. I am very pathetic, I know, but when you spend 24/7 with a gal, her absence leaves a huge hole.

I have been working lots in my garden trying to get it all weeded. Man, it is taking forever. We have a small tiller that will get in between the rows, but you can't till around the plants and we have lots of plants. We have a strawberry patch this year thanks to a really great friend that had extra. The bunnies were eating the ripe berries, but they have seemed to stop and we are actually getting a few yummy red ones! We also planted various tomatoes and peppers, snap peas, green beans, various squash, pumpkin, various melons and cucumbers. Oh and I just planted some sweet potatoes that my SIL just gave me. Everything is growing well. Not as many peas and beans came up as I would have liked, but they still look good. I am excited to have fresh veggies and to really can a lot of things this year!

Our chickies are doing well. Our hens are getting big and I bet they will be laying in the next month or so. We still do not have their fenced in run completed, so they have been "cooped up" in the coop for quite some time (ha ha, I am SO funny). They have tons of space in there though, so it's all good. Our six bantams are looking good also. I am sure 2 out of the six are roos, but only time will tell for sure. Our two little standard sized roos are about 3 weeks not and they are doing great. We put them in the bantam brooder about a week ago and that was interesting. One bantam in particular (the one known to have a 'tude) was extremely mean to them and pecking them pretty relentlessly. I am happy to report though that our 2 standard roos no longer have to cower in the corner of the crate. Seriously, I looked in on them tonight and the two roos were lounging over in the main area of the crate and all 6 of the bantams where huddled in the same corner that the roos use to huddle in. My, my, how things have changed!

The kiddos are doing well and I thing they are enjoying their summer so far. They have been outside tons and have eaten lots of popcicles. Fortunately we are pretty much mosquito free this year. Praise God. I am sure we have a few, but we have been hard pressed to find a bite on anyone. Last year this time we could barely go outside.

We are having trouble again with Madeline getting out of her bed at night. She got put back to bed 7 different times tonight. She is also still lying some, but she it quicker to tell the truth these days, that has to count for something, right? She is very smart though and can count, tell all her colors, etc. Her newest thing is singing. She loves to sing, particularly when she is in trouble. She will sing very "woe-fully," I guess it is comforting to her. It is funny to us.

Anna is just our little sweetie. She can certainly be naughty also, but in general Anna is just a good kid. She is extremely sensitive, but I think she is learning to control that a bit. I cut her hair a couple weeks back and it looks soooo cute. She was so funny after I cut it. She kept looking in the mirror and flipping her head around. Anna still gets up at night crying.......so sad. Oh and Anna is still our animal lover. She seriously has a thing for our chicks. A couple night ago we let some of the hens roam the yard and we had to chase them down to put them back. Well Anna actually caught one and carried to the coop herself. I could barely catch them.

Gideon is just all boy. He is all about cars, 4-wheelers, trucks, guns and Spiderman. He is obsessed with Spidy! I think we are going to do a spidy theme for his 3rd birthday. Gee is also pretty sensitive, but differently than Anna. Anna is just all around soft hearted and a crier, Gee is only really sensitive physically (like if he gets a boo boo) and if too much attention is given to him. If he knows people are watching (even if he was trying to be silly or something) he will bow his head and get all sad. Lately Gideon has had some potty issues. He has waited too long to pee and he has wet himself 3 times in the last 3 days. All three times I have just asked him if he had to pee (he was doing the peepee dance), he said "no" and the next thing I know I am standing in a river. I think he has a problem with using the big potty and not it potty chair. I think it scares him.

Logan is hanging in there, although I think he misses Leah also. He been acting down off and on. I will say though that Logan is a happy helper. He is so good about doing what I ask him to do and not complaining. He just gets pretty board around here sometimes and for some reason he never takes me up on all the extra chores I offer him to keep him busy.

Everything is the same in adoption world, although I do plan to talk with my case manager about the concerns Ryan and I having.

That's all for now, my next post will just be lots of pics!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."