Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pretty Normal Stuff

Nothing too exciting going on around here. It is hot here. I feel like this last week has been my first real dose of yucky ohio summers. Working outside at all is tough. I try to do my work either in the am or later in the day, but that doesn't always work out. Inside is very nice this year though because we have central air now (yes, we are moving up in the world). We don't keep it too cool in here, but just keeping the humidity at bay is a huge plus!

I finally feel like my garden is looking good. I have been pulling weeks for two weeks! I almost have them all cleaned out (except for our strawberries, which I am not even sure I will mess with). I cleaned out the chicken coop on Sunday and I think I am going to spread my coop compost on my garden. The straw in it should keep the weeds at bay and the poo should fertilize it pretty good. Sounds like a good plan eh?

Our raspberries are coming on and I think I will try and make a batch of jam out of them. I will pick next week at our main raspberry picking place (you know where you have to pay, but the berries are amazing) and that will be the bulk of my jam/berries for the year. It is nice though that I think we have enough berries around here for some jam. I already made two batches of strawberry jam and I think I can make a couple more with the strawberries I have in the fridge. Jam is definitely on the docket for today!

Poor, poor Logie. He went to a friends house on Monday and got FRIED. His shoulder are so burnt and he had HUGE seeping blisters all over them. He is pretty miserable. He hasn't been able to wear a shirt for two days now. He is pretty much confined to indoors because being in the heat is extremely uncomfortable for him. My 3 bio kids are pretty fair, especially Leah and Logan. We try exceptionally hard to keep sunblock on all the kids any time they are out in the sun. Some might even think we are weird about it. Monday, poor Logan slipped through the cracks and now he is a mess. Pray for him if you get a chance.

Well, off to do some work outside before it gets to hot!

Oh, and zero news on our adoption. I am still very frustrated, but what else can I do. I do know that other agencies are getting referrals somehow (I read about them on their adoption blogs) and that makes things even a little harder. But I know God is still in control. I tell myself that every time I find myself irritated.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."