Sunday, June 21, 2009

SUPER GEE and Happy Father's Day!

Oh my goodness, Gideon has become the super hero bug catcher to the little girls. It is so funny. If they see a bug they yell for Gideon and he swoops in without even flinching and rids the world of one naughty critter.

I was out side earlier today, cleaning the coop. The 3 little ones were playing outside the coop and Madeline started wailing. You could tell she was really freaked out about something. All I heard was screaming, then "Ant," more screaming and "Gee." By the time I got there Gideon had plucked the poor little ant off of Madeline and Madeline was smiling. Crazy I tell you. But it was very sweet.

Since today is Father's Day I want to wish all the father's in my life a "Happy Father's Day." My dad died when I was two, so I didn't have a father in the sense that many people do. However, God blessed me with an uncle who loved me like a father and was always available to me. My Uncle John is the greatest guy ever and I am so thankful for him. Growing up God also gave me a pastor that I still love dearly to this day. Now, I also have a father in law and a step father that are wonderful and that I also love very much. Gesh, now that I think about it, I have some pretty wonderful grandfather's also. So you see, even though I didn't have a father in the normal sense, I feel like now I have been blessed beyond measure!

I of course need to wish my dear husband a "Happy Father's Day." He is the best dad ever. He loves our kids so much and it shows. He is attentive and gentle and I just love to watch them all together. You know, I have known Ryan for 20 years now and I hope it doesn't sound silly to say that "I am so proud of him." He has grown into an amazing provider and leader of our crew. I am so blessed to have him as the father of our children.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."