Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cow update and a few recent pics....

Well, our mama White Park is still looking very bad. She is barely eating now and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose her today. I hate that. Here is a picture taken of one of our White Parks a week or so ago. I can't quite read the ear tag, but it may even be the one right now that is sick. The are such beasts and very cool.



This is a sweet picture of my Uncle John and Asher taken on Easter.



Meet Misti. She is our new milking cow (hopefully). We plan to breed her soon for an early spring calf. We have a lot of work to do between then and now though. She is super nice and tame, but she is not halter trained and can get real feisty when trying to make her move. She will follow you for some sweet feed though! I think she's pretty.




This is Anna's birthday cake. She wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Hence the brown dress!




Anna and her bud Katelyn at one of her party's.




Anna had a little slumber party after her birthday shindig. Here the girls are eating their donut breakfast.




Our last gymnastics for the year was last week. I was sure to bring my camera. I should have brought Ryan's camera though. Mine was too little to get a great picture.


Anna and the beam.




Maddie on the big beam.





Gee and his dismount. Graceful, eh?




I need to finish planting my garden. I am almost done, but the rain is seriously affecting my ability to put things in the ground. I think I will wait until this weekend to get the rest in. Right now I have two types of potatoes in, about 5 types of tomatoes, beets, onions (2 types) and peppers (3 types). I also planted about 10 more strawberry plants in my strawberry beds about 2 weeks ago. We are already getting strawberries. I still need to get my beans, sweet potatoes, cucumbers and squash in. Plus the kids need to get their garden's in.


Today will be busy. We are meeting the vet over at the in laws to check on our down cow and to vaccinate the rest of the cows. We will also ear tag our calves and pull some tail hairs to send away for a couple tests. It should be interesting. We only have 3 cows and 3 calves to do, but we have like 20 other cows that need done. I also need to get to Walmart today and try to plant the bushes in the front yard. I am also trying to get some baking/cooking done for our vacation next Saturday. I think we are going to be just plain crazy busy until we leave in 9 days. That vacation will be well needed.


Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."