Thursday, December 16, 2010

A rave for my two big kids!!

A little back story......

Last year Madeline and Anna got these beautiful ballerina dolls for Christmas. They were made by Corolle and pretty pricey for their size. But, I knew the girls would love them since they are really in to all things dancing/pretty. They did love them and in January when we went to Florida the ballerina dolls went also. Well, only one doll came home, Anna's. Madeline was pretty bummed. We rent a big house with Ryan's family while we are there and it gets well scoured before we leave, but things were crazy with Leah and I being gone half the week in Ethiopia. Anyways, Maddie carried on about it for a little bit, but after a few weeks she didn't say much about it. Well, we are going back to Florida this January. We told the little kids about a month ago. Madeline almost immediately asked if we were going back to the same house. I told her "yes" and she replied "good, I can finally get my doll." I told her it probably wouldn't still be there, but she seems convinced it will be and has commented a couple more time about getting her doll when we go to Florida.

So last night I was checking out some of my "deals" websites and I found a really good deal on the exact doll Madeline left in Florida. 30% off and free shipping. I mentioned something to Ryan about it and he didn't say much. We have already spent our limit on the kids for Christmas, so the doll was just going to not happen. However, Leah and Logan were in the room and knew about the "doll situation" and they decided to buy the doll for Madeline out of their own money. They are going to run into our rental before she goes in and set the doll on the couch with her arm up and waving. You know, like she has been just sitting and waiting for Madeline to come back. How sweet is that? I love those two!

Oh and another little funny..... The kids just adore Ryan. I know most kids love their daddies and our kids are no exception, but they just want to spend every second with him. The weekends (especially long weekends) spoil the kids and on Mondays they always ask if daddy is home. They are very bummed he is not. So I have told them (and Ryan reinforces it) that daddy works so that we can have a warm house and good food to eat (among other things). So yesterday Logan asked me if Ryan was going to be home on time and I told him I wasn't sure. Gideon spoke up and said "yes, because daddy has to wurk because we need a wurm house and good food." And then this morning Anna said pretty matter of factly to Gideon "daddy is at work!" To which Gideon replied "I guess I am Asher's daddy now then." It was so funny and out of the blue....

Julie

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be there to see Maddie's reaction to the doll! That is so sweet of L and L!!

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."