Thursday, August 12, 2010

Why am I up at 2:00 am??

Good question and I have an answer, canning. Oiy. I have canned over 3 dozen quarts of goodies in the last few hours. We have been blessed with a really good garden this year. We are leaving tomorrow around noon for a family reunion and this has to be done before we go. I am already letting corn and apples sit with the hopes of them staying good until Monday. I hate that, but I can only do so much. The fair has wiped us out this week. It was fun though and the kids did great. I was one proud mama. And then all 52 meat birds/roosters had to be processed today. I haven't even packed yet. I should be able to hit my pillow in about 15 or 20 minutes though. My beans are in the pressure cooker and my lemon bar base (to take with us this weekend) is almost ready to come out of the oven.

This weekend will be great and should be pretty relaxing. I am just looking forward to having nothing to do. Gesh, I never thought I would say that..... I am getting so old. I was hoping to take the camper with us like we did last year, but unfortunately our camper has not left the barn all year. This totally bums me out because I love to camp. It just didn't happen. Having our camper there is so much easier for me, but it's all good. We have my aunts house right there and we are renting a cabin about a half of a mile down the road.

I think Asher is sick. It hit me like a hammer this evening. He has been soooo fussy for about 3 days now. He has been waking up in the middle of the night, he's had a runny nose for days, he has a horrible diaper rash and I have noticed him tugged/batting at his ears. No fever, but I am almost positive he has an ear infection. It would be his first since his tubes were put in back in April. So, even though I have no time I will certainly be trying to get him into the Dr. before we leave.

Ok, well I have about 5 minutes left so "see ya!"

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."