Friday, August 27, 2010

A slew of pictures......

I am so bad about clumping my pictures. The blog would probably be a bit more interesting if I just added a few pictures with each post, however that takes more time because I have to upload pictures more often. So, until we have a couple more hours in a day, clumping it will probably be........

Yesterday Ryan was bush-hogging our front pasture and Asher just stood at that window for about 10 minutes and watched him. It was cute. Oh and he also managed to eat (well, not swallow it) a dead fly so maybe the tractor and daddy weren't the only things keeping his interest.


I just thought this breakfast was pretty. Yogurt, fresh raspberries from our AWESOME neighbors and home made granola.


Gee liked it. Check out the silly bands.....


This picture makes me go ARGH! My cucumbers seriously took a hit from our chickens. We spent good money and time on an electric fence for around the garden and it doesn't keep our chickens out. Next year we will be adding a couple more wire strands and maybe some more voltage! I got only a few cucumbers this year because the chickens trampled all my plants and they pecked what little cucumbers I did get. I had Logan keep the chickens in the coop for a few days and my cukes were starting to recover with just a few vines. Well, we accidently let them out for one day and see what happened? ARGH!


I am LOVING my new dehydrator. Fun stuff and a whole new world of food preservation is being opened up. Here Madeline and I are doing basil. This girl loves to help!


Massive spaghetti sauce canning. Yummy!


Tomatoes before dehydration (we had 4 rows like this)......


.......and after.


Ryan was planting some trees this past weekend and he found this in our neighbors corn field. It is a pumpkin! Last year we threw our old pumpkins over the fence and apparently one of our heirloom seeds decided to grow us a pretty pumpkin. Pretty cool. This little baby (a small sweet pie pumpkin) is now canned and sitting on my shelf.


Helping daddy plant trees.


The great sweet corn assembly line.

Gee manned the truck.


Then to Madeline......


Then Anna......


Then to the porch.....


Then to Logan and Leah...... He may not look like he is working but Leah and Logan shucked a whole truck load of corn.


Here are my pictures from our reunion in West Virginia. It was a really good time and I am already looking forward to next year.

Paula, Chrissy and I kind of got a thing going with "Goonies." Ever see it? It is probably the best 80's movie of all time (IMO)! Well Chrissy found these "Truffle Shuffle" shirts and bought one for all of us. Go Chunk!


We celebrated Gideon's birthday again while in West Virginia. Here he is blowing out his candles (something he wasn't able to do at his last party due to injury).





How funny is this? Rhonda's little dog was afraid of Paula's little dog and this is where he hid out one night. :)


We had a "dance off" with the kids (and Paula and Gaynell of course). It was one of the funniest things ever. I have a video of Gaynell busting a move and if I can figure out how to upload it on here I will. It is soooooo funny.

Paula doing her thing! You go girl!


Tyler, oh my this kid cracks me up with his dancing. He has got some serious moves.



Go Logan.....Go Logan.....Go Logan.......



Bryce and Logan dancing together.



AJ shaking it!



Chrissy and Tim enjoying the show (aren't they cute?)



Asher "playing" checkers with Cassie and Samie. Those poor girls, I am not sure they ever finished that game. I told them the floor was not a good place to lay that out. Pretty much if Asher can reach it he considers it his. I have to say here though, I have the BEST nieces and nephews (on both sides) in the WORLD. They are so sweet and tolerant of the little kids. Not once did Cassie or Samie get irritated with Asher.



I wanted to include some fair pictures of Leah and Logan and their chickens.

Logan and his bird being auctioned (the kids were breaking down so I didn't stay to get a picture of Leah and her bird).


Logan carrying his bird back after being judged.



Leah carrying her bird back after judging.



Leah and her birds in the pen.



Logan and his birds in the pen.


That's all for now!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."