Sunday, July 18, 2010

Home from our anniversary trip!

Ryan and I went away to Cincinnati this weekend for our anniversary. It was great. We ended up leaving much earlier then we'd planned (like 5 hours earlier) which gave us a whole evening Saturday night. We went to the outlet malls on the way and ended up at Newport on the Levee. It is right by the river and it was so pretty. We ate at an Irish restaurant that had really good food. We walked by the river and over to the Reds stadium. They had just won their game with the Rockies (today was a different story apparently) so we got to see a little fireworks display just as we were walking across the bridge. We spent the night at a cute little Inn that had a free breakfast served in the next door historic home. After breakfast we went to Kings Island where we spent the rest of the day. We hadn't been to Kings Island in years and it brought back lots of memories. Good memories. Ryan and I really had a beautiful time. It was such a good break for us and even though I am physically tired, I am emotionally energized.

I missed my kids though. That hit me about noon today. When we got to Kings Island and I saw all the parents dragging their kids into the park I was so glad it was just Ryan and I. It was funny though because as the day wore on, I missed them more and more. It was so good to see them again.

Madeline stayed the night and all day today with my sister, Chrissy. It was her reward for being so good and staying in her bed all last week (one of the things she's struggled with). She had a ball and apparently did not miss us at all. She said the only person she missed was Asher. She has gained a little "sas" from being at Aunt Chrissy's. I think she got a little spoiled. The rest of the kiddos were here with our babysitter (we actually ended up using two different sitters). They did good. I guess Anna was missing us last night and Gideon was really happy to see us tonight (Anna was asleep already). Asher has been "grumpy" all day, but when I went to see him (and took him out of his bed for a second) he was all smiles. He was grumpy last time he was with the sitter too. Maybe he doesn't do as well as I was hoping with mommy and daddy gone.

Well, I am tired and ready for my own bed.....

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."