Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Aww, I love gardening.....

I have decided that having my hands in the dirt is one of the best things ever. I love to plant my garden and watch it grow. This past weekend we transplanted my strawberries into my new raised beds. They look great. I can hardly believe how much they had spread from last year. We have to go out tonight and cover them though because we have a frost/freeze warning tonight. We also planted my raspberries. Yeah! I have been wanting to do them for years but since you don't really get fruit the first year, I have put it off. Yes, I am sort of an immediate gratification type of person. I also just cut my seed potatoes today. They need a couple days to dry out and then we will plant them also. Each year I get more comfortable with our abilities and do a little more.

I don't know why I love to garden so much. I think it is just a newfound goodness. I have pittled with gardens for years but it really just the past few years that I have gotten "serious" about it. It is pretty much only the veggies that I love to plant and grow. It is a very good thing though and I am thankful to God for giving me an outlet that I really enjoy. Seeing a tiny seed grown into something whole and yummy is kind of like a miracle to me. It really is a beautiful thing. It makes me happy.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."