Friday, September 30, 2011

Bad Blogger!!!

Oh man, I am such a bad blogger these days. Truth be told though, we have been extremely busy. Like busier than we ever have I think. 5 kids on 4 separate sports teams is a little nuts. Not to mention the constant drive to get the barn/stalls/home projects done. Every minute we are not at a game we are working on the house. Really, I am not complaining. Usually busy is A-OK with me.
Maybe not THIS busy, but it is all really blessing. I enjoy watching the kids play sports and I also enjoy working with my hands and getting projects done around here.

Madeline had an MRI this past Wednesday and she was just precious. They ended up not having to sedate her. Yeah! We explained everything to her as thouroughly as we could. She was just quietly compliant the entire time. We kept telling her she had to be very still and she was, like a statue. They only had to retake one picture and that was because she was breathing so heavy at first because she was scared. She still never moved. I was soooooo proud of my girl! We have no results yet, but we pray that everything is ok.

A major time sapper in our lives right now is our search for the perfect horses. We are hoping to get two. This is huge for us. We have always wanted horses, but have never had a place for them until now. It is really exciting. We have a really darling friend who is a horse trainer and is helping us. She is doing great. We are being very picky because the horses need to be dead broke for kids, but still spunky enough for Leah (and maybe Logan) to show. Long story shorter.... Here is the horse we have bought for "me." (Really though any horse we get will be for everyone to ride)




Isn't she darling???? I love her. We have not brought her home yet because there's a pending issue with another horse we may get from the same owner. Her name is Sophie.

Well, that is all for now. Both older kids just went to bed and Ryan is pretending he is awake on the couch. I think I will take this opportunity to hit the bed early. I was up at 5:45 this morning and my bed sounds so nice right now. Man, I am such an old woman.....

(FYI, Ryan is now snoring)

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."