Thursday, September 8, 2011

Aww, stink. A plane went down.

About an hour ago I was up in our attic messing with some tubs and I heard a plane sound like it was really low. It also sounded a little off. I thought it was wierd and almost came down from the attic to our garage to check it out. I didn't though because I am lazy and planes fly low around here a lot dusting crops. About 5 minutes later I came down and my SIL Emily was stopping by to get some eggs. She said, "did you see that fire over in the corn field?" I could see the smoke clearly from our house and I could smell the smoke also. I said "I wonder if a plane went down." Emily said her grandma had heard the plane also (we all live within a couple country blocks of one another). I drove over to the spot and it ended up being right across the road from our good friends' mom's house. You couldn't really see any smoke anymore, but the fire truck and squad were there. My good friend just happened to be at her mom's house at the time (picking up a few things) and was leaving. She said her mom always walks this road at this time and probably saw what had happened. As I left a sheriff pulled up and my friends mom was telling all she saw. Ryan called me and confirm that WHIO was reporting a plane going down near West Liberty. This is so very sad. I cannot imagine that anyone lived through that, and no med flight kind of confirms that. I pray it is no one we know......

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."