Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Updating the blog and bit and our Garden.

So I tweaked my blog a bit. I added some links that I frequent and deleted some links that I barely visit. I also deleted a few blogs that I don't really follow anymore. I have found that this blog has become a good spot for me to "have all my ducks in a row." I usually have internet time in the morning, often times before the kids are up. It is nice to be able to come to my blog and have all my links right there.

I added a few recipe blogs that I really like. As for site links, especially check out values.com and showhope.org. Very cool sites. I get the "quote of the day" from values.com (actually I get it twice for some reason). and they are great and very encouraging. I found showhope.org off of one of my blogs. It is a store that supports orphans. The feature family this week is a blog family I have followed for years. They adopted a little girl from Guatemala the same time we were adopting Anna and Gee. Check it out if you can, there's also another "famous" family in there. Oh and I love the products they sell. Super cute and how can you go wrong when some of the proceeds go to orphans???

Ok, so we barely had our garden planted when we left for Canada and we came back to this:




Oiy. Our plants are doing incredible, not that you can tell due to all the weeds! Aparently we had a very lush week of rain while we were gone. We are slowly making our way through and it should be all weeded before we leave again. I will try and post an after picture.

Can you see the little kids' gardens in the right bottom corner? Gee has green beans, Anna has pumpkins and Madeline has tomatoes. They planted them from seeds and they are growing well, although sporadic.

Ryan picked me up an Arbor from Lowes yesterday. I am so excited about it! We bought grapes like a month or so ago, but had nothing for them to climb. I hope it isn't too late to plant them because we finally have something for them to climb. We played with a bunch of DIY arbor ideas because we aren't typically the "just go buy it" type. Ryan and I enjoy making things. However, we just couldn't find something we loved that didn't take a bunch of time (that we don't have right now). This arbor is quite attractive. I hope to assemble it today.

Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."