Sunday, June 6, 2010

Home from vacation.

We got home last night from our annual fishing trip. It was another great trip. The fishing was good, maybe not as great as some past years for us, but still good. I really enjoyed being with my family and having a week with them. Times have changed though. Our cabin is bigger (for all the kiddos), but it is a little further away from the other cabins which made it tougher to spend time together as a family. We made time though and it was just a good trip!

Asher did pretty on the boat. Really, better than I thought he would.


Anna got her hair cut at the Walmart in Canada. You can kind of see it in this picture, even though it is pretty wind tossed. I think I am going to get it trimmed a little shorter though. The stylist layered it and her hair is pretty straight, so you can really see the layers. Anna wanted it cut though. I asked all three of the kids if they wanted their hair cut. Gee and Anna shouted "yes" and Madeline said a firm "no." Anna said she wanted her hair as short as Gee's. Umm...no. We cut a good 2 to 3 inches off though.


So, guess which kid fell in the water...... Yes, Madeline. The water was only 2 or 3 feet deep. We are seriously careful with the kids on the boat and their are major rules that all the kids have to abide by. However, some times things just happen (hence the life vests). The kids were grabbing reeds in the water and all of a sudden I heard a splash. I was only 2 feet away. The weird thing is that the splash I heard was Ryan jumping in after her. He was standing right above the 3 littles fishing. She was only in the water for a second, but she went under and it really stunned her. It scared me to death. I was so proud of my man for his quick thinking. He is such an amazing daddy. Not just because he jumped in after Madeline, but because of his constant adoration for his kids. I really get to see this when we spend a week together like this.

Here's Maddie about 3 minutes post dip....... My poor baby.


Gideon, he is such a funny little guy. He is petrified of spiders, but he kissed every fish we'd let him kiss. Bryce, my nephew and often times our boat buddy, got Gideon started on this. Dude, do you kiss your mama with those lips?


A nice sized small mouth from big daddy!


This picture was just funny to me. I am not typically a squeamish type of gal, but I look like I am in this picture. Ryan pointing cracks me up also. I guess he is giving credit where credit is due. It wasn't a great fish, but I only caught maybe 10 or 15 the whole trip, so you take what you can get.


I always ramble on about how cute the little kids are, but I have some major adorable big kids also!



This is what the little kids looked like pretty much every time we took off. Every boat needs a princess, right?


Going back to the cabin one evening.


Gee and his spidey glasses. He loved them. Sooooo cute!


Anna fell asleep on the way out to fish one day. I think the boat made her sleepy. She almost fell asleep a couple other times. Such an unnatural position (daddy layed her down shortly after this picture).



Leah and a really nice pike.


Logan caught the biggest Walleye on the trip. It was very yummy!!!


It ended up being much hotter than we expected, especially the first few days. It was obviously swimming weather!


Uncle Jason and Daddy made this "boat bed" for Asher. Really, he seemed to like it. Even after he'd wake up, he would just lay in there and play. How sweet is he?



Now that vacation #1 is done, we are getting geared up for vacation #2. We are leaving in 4 or 5 days for a long weekend with Ryan's family in Gatlinburg. We love going to Gatlinburg and we are looking forward to it. It will be a very busy week, but it will all get done. Right?

Julie

1 comment:

  1. hi julie love the pics! what a great vaca! im sorry that your sweet girl fell in!!

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."