Thursday, May 20, 2010

Asher is ONE!!!

My sweet baby boy is one today!! I overwhelmingly feel just thrilled to have him here. I am amazed that he is our son, I am amazed that God placed us with this precious baby. He is a beautiful completion to our family. We missed Anna and Gideon's first birthdays (we missed Gideon's by just a day-we were in Guatemala picking up Anna) and I am just so happy to have Asher with us.

Asher is a very happy guy (especially now, after his tubes) and is laid back until his temper fires up. His favorite thing to do right now is to crawl and explore. He is ALL over the place. It is crazy. He never just sits and plays with a toy. He may drag a toy with him on his journey, but that is it. Asher is also a thrill seeker, probably more so than any kid I have. He is also very tough. He been through quite a bit and he just amazes me at his resilience.

Here is the birthday boy this morning....



These pictures were taken at his big party last Friday.

Leah made his smash cake. It is a farmer to go with our farm/barn theme. It didn't take Asher long to go from this.............


.....to this........


Want some?


As you can see, he LOVED his cake. We literally had to strip him down and wash him in the restaurant sink.



Our cute little farm cake and cupcakes.


Leah's farmer smash cake (pre smash of course).


Here's Gracie at 3 1/2 weeks with the birthday cousin (she looks thrilled, huh?).


This picture is funny to me in my weird little way. I accidently poked Asher's face while "he" was opening presents. I felt so bad..... But now it is kind of funny. Asher got so many sweet and thoughtful gifts!


Singing "Happy Birthday."




Man, have I said lately how much I love this kid? Tonight we are going to have a simple little celebration with just our immediate family. Probably just at a local restaurant. He still has a few more gifts to open and I'm thinking he will get his first ice cream sundae tonight!

Julie




3 comments:

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."